All 15 art Reviews

OC Love OC Love

Alright, let's take this one section at a time.

Africa looks much like she did in her more recent drawing, as opposed to the more detailed one you did beforehand. I get mixed feelings from her now...has the heat gotten to her out there?

I can't find a picture of Pheonix alone--top-right is Pheonix, right?--but she looks kind of strange, or inquisitive. The look isn't bad...it's just different.

Widow's expression really matches her appearance and character as a whole: "Ugh, do I HAVE to be here?" Not much to say about her.

Etna also looks very similar to her first picture--she reminds of my stepsister. Creepy, but with good intentions.

Now for you--you've appeared in so many ways, I won't compare you to any other drawings. You know, you remind me a lot of Medusa from Soul Eater--creepy eyes, chronically insane, and bitterly sarcastic. That sound about right? You appear to be having a huge wardrobe malfunction--nothing really matches.
And, as a matter of fact, I have got Nyeh. XD

Finally, the background. The checkerboard has kind of a faded look--is this to reflect how long's it been since your last OC art? The text stands out well, drawing the eye to it. The borders around each character are cute and match them--at least, their name and appearance.

Hm...I can't put my finger on it, but something's off about this picture. Maybe you should have put your head in a border with everyone else, I don't know. I'll give you a 9/10, not rate in the portal, and save myself the headache of figuring it out.

VooDooDollMaster responds:

Africa and Phoenix are not their names.....and I've never done a drawing of the one on the top right by herself and uploaded it. Her hair is fine to me. It's just pulled back with some strands falling down sort of like the girl to the top left (They're step sisters)

And I don't see what's off about my picture. I didn't want to put a boarder around VooDoo in the middle. And also, there's no deep meaning to the background. I just suck at backrounds and come up with anything that'll look decent

Vaati Shake Vaati Shake

Why, yes, that sounds delicious.

I just really like the way the drawing looks. Purple has always appealed to my eye, and only see two colors OTHER than purple in this picture. I've seen glasses shaped like that somewhere (can't remember where, though). In addition, although this was to be expected, your chibi rendition of Vaati looks...well...good enough to eat!

My only real complaint would be the background; it's just a bit...bland. I think I see a few copy-pasting errors too, and it just kind of messes up the picture once you notice them.

Overall, this is one of your better drawings. You've scored a 9/10, and since this is actually my favorite style of drawing, I'll round up to a 5/5 for the portal. I'm sorry is this review isn't long enough, but when there's not many flaws, there's not much to talk about, is there?

VooDooDollMaster responds:

Are you talking about how the checkered pattern is all chopped up looking? That was actually intended. And besides that, backgrounds are not really my thing. So my bgs always look blandish for the most part

He is Mad He is Mad

Oh, yay, new art.

Unlike your more cartoony drawings, this picture has very good detail and shading. Not what I'd expect to see from you, but a very good drawing nonetheless.

The only problems I can see are Link's left ear (not sure exactly WHAT'S wrong with it, though) and the eyes (they look too much like pearls, and make the drawing feel unreal).

I assuming he's just been brainwashed from so many annoying fairy partners yelling in his ear...HEY! LISTEN! ...Okay, I guess that wasn't funny or necessary in the slightest.

Anyways, this gets a 9/10, and, much like the last piece of art I reviewed from you, the time and effort shines through. Congratulations, sir, you've won another 5/5.

Zelldoom responds:

Yeah the ear its out of place, its hard to do a normal sketch when the camera position is moved. i tried my best on the eyes, but i didnt knew how to make them like my other drawings, maybe i could have left the black borders on it, and yes, they do look like pearlsl.

Thanks for this Super Helpful review :D!!!

Stab stab stab Stab stab stab

The only reason I envy this...

...Is because it is a .gif, which I have yet to be able to create. There are so many things wrong with this drawing, but mostly I believe the quote-unquote "body anatomy" is off. Also, there's a lot of negative white space. Speaking of white space, what the heck are they standing on? Are they just infinitely falling through nothing?

Don't get we wrong, I love the older Sonic games to death, and I enjoy watching Naruto Shippuden with in Japanese with English subtitles. I just don't like your drawing.

I'm giving you a 4/10 because I'm sure you can improve, and 4/10 doesn't need rounding, so that calculates to 2/...Wait, you're nto scouted, my bad.

This has been the opinion of no one. Really.

People think this is a useless review.

Nissa Nissa

I like this style.

Judging from her eyes, I can assume she's either worried, troubled, or just been crying. Perhaps that's just me, but I think I'm right for once.

Never once have I seen any monochrome drawing looking so cool. It makes it hard to shade, but when it's monochrome, you don't really need to shade (correct me if I'm wrong here).

The background is black, and it really helps this picture. It's as if the shadows themselves are fusing into her...But that's obviously not your intention.

Am I the only one that sees the gray lightning bolt symbol, that is supposedly part of her hair? Yeah? Thought so.

For all of the aforementioned reasons (Except for when I was screwing around and adding my thoughts), this picture earns a 10/10. 10/10 doesn't need rounding, so you also get a 5/... Oh, wait, you're not scouted yet. D:

ITNO... Nicholas Joker ITNO... Nicholas Joker

Very nice, no other words come.

The blood-splattered background adds just the perfect touch the picture needed. Said background also eliminates negative white space, every critic's biggest pet peeve. The outfit Nicholas is wearing looks very "evil," and that helps too.

Your style is very nice. Cartoon drawings like this one and pixel art are my two favorite styles.

This is just a random little comment, totally unimportant to the review: I wonder what he is reading? The title's on the other cover, so...yeah.

This is another pet peeve of mine, a small one, but one nonetheless (And I need an excuse to not rate this 10/10). Blood in a picture shouldn't automatically make it M-rated...should it?

It has occurred to me I've spent entirely too much time choosing my words for typing this review. You have earned yourself 9/10, and since I know this has probably taken you so much effort and time, and I appreciate that, I'll round up to a 5/5.

Zelldoom responds:

I gave him that book because the inspiration on books, and the blood... nah, teens nowdays watch it everywhere

getting blammed getting blammed

Eh, good drawing.

Your drawing is very nice and your effects are quite good for Paint as well, but there is so much negative white space that easily could've been taken up.

This is another pet peeve of mine, but it doesn't deduct from your score: The appearance of blood doesn't automatically make the submission M-rated.

My Real Life Nightmare My Real Life Nightmare

Such an interesting question,

Unfortunately, I've known about this for about two months and I've yet to devise an answer.

Beautiful picture, for quite a while now I've had a small obsession for the majesty of darkness, and how it really isn't that different from light itself. The picture, minus the words, perfectly displays my point. I have no constructive criticism for you, because in my eyes this work is perfect.

Zelldoom responds:

Thanks man , im glad i gave you an obsession ;)

Chr-ow-zik-skies Castle Chr-ow-zik-skies Castle

Very interesting.

Looks like the kind of thing I would expect to find in one of those point 'n' click games.

link is angry link is angry

Did you use a reference?

The Master Sword and the sheild appear too large to me.

Also, the background's shading didn't appear consistent, but other than that, I found no problem.

lenkobiscuit responds:

thanks for the crit. i referenced the shield and that was about it - he's not holding the master sword, just a generic one lmao

but yeah i see what you mean with the background, i wish i'd have spent more time on it